WPC product is easy to care, but not care-free. We highly recommend you to carefully read our Installation Guide and following instructions before any work! We assume no responsibility to any damages caused by incorrect delivery, incorrect storage or assembly.
1.STORAGE & DELIVERY
- ▪ Please store your WPC(Wood Plastic Composite) materials and other unassembled parts in shade and dry conditions, or direct sunlight and overheating may lead to deformation.
- ▪ WPC can be heat up much more in sunlight than stone or wood, direct skin contact is prohibited for areas that are subject to long-term exposure to the sun.
- ▪ WPC products should be transported by pallets, or else damages may occur.
- ▪ We highly suggest you carefully read our Installation Guide before start the work!
- ▪ Carbide tipped tools are recommend if you need to cut the WPC board for width adjustment.
- ▪ WPC may expand or contract when temperature changes, We recommend to put boards in the working spot 48 hrs before installation so as to make it adapt to the weather.
- ▪ When install, the best outside temperature is between 5 ° C and 25 ° C.
- ▪ We normally recommend a thorough cleaning after a WPC production installment.
- ▪ WPC consists of natural fibers, plastic and additives, with the ratio of approx. 60%, 30% and 10% respectively. Each component has its typical properties. For example, plastic expands or contracts when temperature changes. Natural fibers swell under the condition of moisture, while change in color due to UV radiation.
- ▪ It is very common to see stains on WPC products after being used for some time and under different weather conditions and surrounding environment.
- ▪ The different degree of breeding environment for mildew depends on the climate conditions like temperature, humidity etc. in your area.
Some photos about stains on WPC surface
- ▪ Before do any washing, you might as well do a test at the invisible place.
- ▪ We recommend to clean WPC product with warm water and vinegar-based detergent.
- ▪ Do not use the metal material tools, such as the wire brush.
- ▪ When you do washing especially brushing, please always work in the longitudinal and material texture direction of the product.
- ▪ Please do not use hard tools like shovel and spade to remove ice and snow, because damages will happen by doing that. Some heavy dirt can be removed by root brush.
- ▪ Slight scratches can be reworked with a sanding fleece, always in longitudinal direction or in the direction as the profile texture.
- ▪ Some residues like grinding dust, vegetable or organic substances can be unseen by rapid water washing, but water marks may be left, in this condition, the household cleaners based on vinegar with warm water and root brush can be applied. After brushing, use plenty of clean water to flush it thoroughly.
- ▪ Professional cleaner can apply jetting machine, but please be careful that the hydraulic pressure cannot higher than 1500psi, and the distance between the tap and decking should be no less than 30cm, or else damages may occur to your deck by excessive water pressure.
- ▪ When use the high pressure washer, please switch the gear of the water outlet, which can flow gentle and dispersed water.
- ▪ Please clear the trash between the gaps of decking frequently, or ponding may cause mildew.
- ▪ Some stains like oil stains, food, sauce and beverage stains are required to clear away timely.
- ▪ Some dark or moldy stains on the WPC product cannot be avoided especially in those areas where are in moisture or in the open air. For these staining, the chlorine-containing household cleaner can do the help. Apply the cleaner with brush and recommended dose, then rinse with plenty of clean water.
- ▪ Tannin leaching occurs naturally in all wood based products. Tannin will become less visible by giving several weeks or few months under normal weather. This process may be sped up through the use of a product containing proper dose of phosphoric acid or oxalic.
- ▪ Please be more careful when walk on the decking with bare foot. Wearing shoes is recommended when clean and care the decking.
- ▪ Almost everything will fade over time when exposed to sunlight and other weather conditions. This cannot be avoided even we add high quality UV-inhibiting pigments, but some color difference is seemingly existed, not virtually.
- ▪ Some solvents containing decolorizer may penetrate the surface and lead to the risk of discoloration.
- ▪ Plant debris, herbal ingredients such as tannins, as well as long-lasting droppings will result in permanent discoloration on the surface.
- ▪ Depending on the weathering intensity (UV irradiation / precipitation), the color will get lighter shade after about 1-2 annual cycles.
- ▪ See examples of color maturity as below:
- ▪ Color difference may occur on account of different weathering degree, production batches , or even the installation by different individuals.(see picture 1)
- ▪ Some color differences are not exist in fact. Find details as following:
- Under the condition of light, naked eye may see slight color variation between the upper and lower profiles;
- Naked eye may also see color differences from different view point. (see pictures 2 & 3)